Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Responsible for performing driveline system and components level analysis for power loss, thermal and lubrication.
- Perform analysis for mechanical power losses of system for components and system level including lubrication.
- Responsible for driveunit system power loss and thermal model. Coordination with vehicle team and cross-functional teams for development.
- Work with engineers and designers to evaluate and optimize power loss and thermal of the system
- Support the design of gearbox and driveline systems with the focus on the bearing, gear and structural components
- Perform research, design, and development of driveline systems from concept to production
- Provide technical support and system analysis for root cause analysis of development issues
- Provide professional reports and documentation of the stress, life, and NVH behavior of components
- Coordinate and participate in design reviews
- Engineering Degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering with advanced engineering degree preferred
- minimum 10 years of relevant experience required
- Understanding and application of thermal analysis and toolsets for analysis of gears, bearings, shafts, housings, and heat exchangers.
- The ability to work effectively in a cross functional group setting, including essential technical guidance to support Senior Management
- Familiarity of driveline system components and the attributes for power loss. Including gears, bearings, lubrication, pumps, and electric motors.
- Understanding and ability to model lubrication and cooling circuits to provide flow and pressure to components in a complex circuit.
- High level of understanding and ability to estimate power losses at the conceptual level and then progress this into a detailed analysis model.
- The ability to work independently, and to coach and mentor others
- Basic CAD knowledge, including ability to review designs within CATIA
- An understanding of gearbox and driveline fundamentals
- Dynamic attitude with desire to learn and expand your knowledge and capability
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.