Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Lead vehicle water management attribute for a vehicle program; inclusive of water fording, water/snow/dust soiling, and build leak integrity
· Collaborate with the Studio, Body, Aerodynamics, Perceived Quality, Manufacturing Quality and NVH teams (amongst others) to guide attribute targets, strategy and timeline
· Provide technical assistance to engineers; propose solutions to issues when found
· Lead individual efforts and perform as part of a cross-functional team performing physical testing and simulation work as needed
· Assist in the consultation on the design of companywide testing facilities; both for Development and End of Line validation
· Guide and apply Rivian design, testing and simulation standards
· Create and present reports of simulation, test results and recommendations
· Engineering (Mechanical or Aerospace) Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from an accredited University
· 3+ years’ experience in Water Management, Sealing, or Quality essential
· Experience in water management simulation preferred
· CAD experience (CATIA, Solidworks, NX, ALIAS etc)
· Simulation experience (STARCCM+, PreonLab, nanoFluidX, PowerFLOW etc.)
· Proven track record of problem-solving and independent root cause analysis
· Physical testing experience
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.