Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Design low latency, highly optimized Docker code for integrating SIL and controls algorithms
- Perform SIL testing for application-level software components
- Partner closely with the planning, controls and simulation team to deliver state-of-the art simulation products
- Enable close loop simulations in a SIL environment
- Validating models and characterizing physical sensors such as Camera, Lidar, Radar, Ultrasound, Vehicle Dynamics, and IMU
- Develop unit tests, documentation for features, evaluating quality and proposing corrective actions based on requirements for software components developed to a model-based development lifecycle
- Mature prototype software to production quality
- Design low latency, highly optimized code
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- Experience with software unit testing and SIL testing framework for embedded products
- Proficiency in C++ and Python with strong software development and debugging skills
- Knowledge and experience with automation tools such as Jenkins/Docker
- Experience with build system like CMake
- Strong background in Classical controls theory
- Comfortable developing with Linux & Git
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with Robotics Operating System (ROS)
- Strong mathematical fundamentals, including linear algebra and calculus
- Background in automotive systems, in particular ADAS or self-driving, or similar real-time safety-critical systems in other domains
- Strong knowledge of Test Automation principles
- Experience with Mathworks tools such as Simscape, Simulink, Matlab, Stateflow
- Experience in developing or using autonomous vehicle simulators and their workflows, especially model-based development and testing workflows
- Experience with physical simulation codes, particularly in the area of kinematics and vehicle dynamics
- Experience with physical sensors, especially automotive and perception based
- Experience with QNX RTOS
- Background with Docker, Scalable Cloud deployments
- Experience with HD Map development
- Experience with scrum methodology
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.