Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This Is What You'll Do:
You will edit video projects from start to finish including short-form documentaries, social media content, internal updates and video displays. Working closely with the Content and Production teams, you will also implement and manage a video storage infrastructure for Rivian’s global video needs.
This Is What You'll Need:
- You are just as comfortable extracting a story from a week of raw footage as you are editing a visual montage and understanding how the right balance of sound, motion and music can effectively convey a feeling.
- You can easily go from synchronizing audio during assembly to mixing sound before delivery.
- You have experience with motion effects as well as color grading.
- Using mixed media to properly tell a story excites you!
- You have an insatiable curiosity for pushing editing styles and weaving stories together.
- You’re embedded in the film industry, are aware of trends, and strive to keep your work original.
- Organization makes you happy and the ability to reference, find and deliver that perfect shot from a past shoot is a breeze.
- You will be our librarian of all moving images and sound and you’ll run a tight ship.
- You are collaborative. You expect change. You put the team first.
- You naturally mentor, guide and provide support for team members, inspiring others to do the best work of their lives.
- 5+ years of experience as an editor and asset manager
- Fluency in Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, DaVinci Resolve
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.