Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will be responsible for developing and managing part level forecasts for your commodities to support driving optimal inventory levels at the Rivian Distribution Centers. You will have ownership of your specific monthly forecast refresh, manage master data, analyze consumption data and work across teams to develop your overall demand plan.
Develop and execute the overall global demand forecast for your parts to enable Service and overall company objectives
Collaborate with sales, supply chain, global distribution centers, engineering, and other partners to understand demand forecast drivers
- Drive key KPI improvement activities (reducing forecast error and bias), improving customer service, reducing excess/obsolete inventory, to enable predictive performance and financial planning
- Review historical consumption data, trends, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models and evaluate forecast results to increase accuracy by removing bias
- Monitor performance vs the forecast throughout the month identifying key shifts. Participate in monthly demand planning performance reviews to prevent excess/obsolete materials
- Maintain and leverage forecast and consumption analytics to drive collaborative inventory and risk reviews with partners to meet customer service improvements on your parts
- Seek out new innovations and present new strategies to continuously improve your forecasts and the overall demand planning process
4+ years of experience in in demand planning/supply planning
BS in related discipline
Strong collaborator, with willingness to drive change
Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding demand planning modeling, and overall supply chain operational process that may impact your demand planning model inputs
Experience forecasting within an ERP (SAP preferred)
Exceptional data analysis, quick turn analysis, advanced excel
Process design experience, with proven ability to understand, document, and transform complex processes
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.