Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
WEST REGION BASED /SERVICE OPERATIONS – SERVICE /FULL TIME
The Service Field Operations - Regional Manager will be responsible for regional service strategy and ensuring great customer service at our service locations. This role will require establishment of high standards of performance and operational excellence, as well as management of regional 0n-ground operations. It will also require close attention to vendor management, risk evaluation and mitigation. The Service Field Operations - Regional Manager will work out in the field with their team, and travel throughout the region. Our ideal candidate would have proven success in managing high impact teams in a regional setting.
This role will also require exceptional cross functional interaction. A dynamic and resourceful leader with great communications skills, experienced in analytical approach to problem solving, continuous improvement and organization. Demonstrated leadership in the region for day-to-day management of high performing, high profile service centers in a dynamic environment. This role will require extensive traveling, operational excellence, creativity, and superb communications skills – always bridging the gap between their regional service centers in the field and HQ based teams for the purpose of training and, standardization, and constant improvement.
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL DO:
· Build and develop a high-impact team of technical, parts, and customer facing professional, capable of upstarting and maintaining regional service centers in a dynamic environment
· Execute launch strategy for new service locations in region
· Execute on deliverables, milestone reports, open action items, risks and mitigation plans
· Support and implement regional service and parts marketing plans and initiatives
· Lead and drive quality and improvement in the region to deliver on all key performance indicators
· Ensure proper usage of company funds
· Work alongside your regional team to get what needs done
· Manage operational execution and ensure brand standards are met in accordance with company direction
· Responsible for operational excellence in the region
· Inspire team growth through individual development plans to promote an environment of personal growth and accountability
· Manage complex field challenges and collaborate with subject matter experts
· Analyze the business, create and communicate clear action plans that optimize results
· Collaborate with EH&S teams in the buildout cycle
· Responsible for everything service related in the region
· Travel 60-65% of the time
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· 5+ years of experience in automotive, OEM, tier 1, and/or technical field, with emphasis in engineering, quality, service, operations, and supply chain
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent field experience
· Experience in leading teams in an automotive or high tech environment
· Proven success in driving service requirements in a complex environment
· Must possess a valid driver’s license, with a clean driving record
· Experience managing multiple projects across varying geographic locations simultaneously
· Broad experience defining, launching, and driving strategic process redesign initiatives to improve internal and external processes and operations, working closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders in a technology environment
· Process creation experience
· Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners
· Experience in a startup environment and scaling teams from a blank slate is a plus
· Ability to travel up to 65%
· Strong written and communications skills
· High attention to detail
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.