Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Develop and manage internal customer relations to ensure collaboration and provide strategic support.
- Prepare, draft, and negotiate a variety of commercial, retail, and professional office lease agreements, amendments, facility use agreements, license agreements, and easements.
- Assist with the closing of the purchase and sale of real estate, which would include conducting due diligence, performing title, survey, and environmental review, addressing zoning issues, clearing any title or survey issues, and preparing the conveyance and closing documents.
- Negotiate, draft, and review construction and design agreements.
- Advise on and support resolution of issues related to construction, and design contracts.
- Support cross functional team in site selection process.
- Manage in house and outside counsel to achieve objectives
This is what you’ll need:
- Must have a J.D. degree from an ABA-approved law school, and an active member in good standing of California Bar
- At least seven (7) years of commercial real estate and construction experience with a focus on retail and industrial sectors
- At least three (3) years of experience supporting an in-house corporate/legal real estate and construction team
- International experience preferred
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and with cross-functional clients
- Identify and communicate legal and business risks
- Strong ability to negotiate and find resolution to disputes with Landlord related to tenant rights under the lease
- Ability to work on a wide range of mission critical projects with minimal supervision
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Legal & IP
Location: Irvine, CA, or Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.