Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
If you’re a manager who combines strong experience working in a manufacturing environment and a continuous improvement mindset, the role of Firmware Integration Manager offers some compelling opportunities. You will:
- Lead and manage assembly line equipment, automation and process projects from initial concept to full scale production. Responsible for successful project execution measured in terms of cost, safety, performance and delivery schedule
- Make a critical impact as you work with plant operations and manufacturing leaders, vehicle design, software and integration teams, suppliers and team members, drive continuous improvements and meet and exceed quality, cost and other goals.
- Enjoy a welcoming atmosphere, ongoing challenges, and opportunities to learn and expand your skills.
- Develop standards and processes as a foundation for how the firmware teams operate
- Have the autonomy to make key contributions combined with the support of other managers.
- Enjoy competitive compensation, bonus opportunity and comprehensive benefits.Have opportunities to take on additional responsibilities and/or pursue advancement in our global organization.
Reporting to the Senior Manager for Assembly Engineering you will be responsible for managing a team of engineers / technicians. You will be responsible and/or accountable for:
- Developing departmental plans and priorities.
- Supporting managers and supervisors of both production lines.
- Helping to manage and develop teams.
- Team/department performance results.
You will be heavily involved in day-to-day operations including:
- Define and implement general assembly inline or end-of-line vehicle testing requirements in collaboration with vehicle design, software and integration teams, in preparation for new product launches
- Lead development of testing hardware and software with suppliers during vehicle prototyping
- Optimize vehicle tests for manufacturing in collaboration with cross functional teams, considering KPIs such as quality, productivity and capital expenditure
- Lead prototype builds and vehicle commissioning in vehicle testing
- Lead investigations for process issues leading to test failures and ensure all issues are driven to resolution, including immediate mitigation and permanent solution
- Challenge assumptions that are not backed by a thorough engineering evaluation, and prioritize tasks to ensure smooth vehicle launch and new product introductions
- Provide regular, metric-based project updates to management team
- Execute DFMEA/PFMEA on vehicle systems to identify required test
- Think fast, prioritize, and make decisions that benefit Rivian
- Potential overnight business travel to support product/process development at company and supplier locations
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, or Automotive Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in automotive or related manufacturing environment, vehicle testing experience preferred.
- Familiarity with vehicle testing, diagnostics, and end-of-line vehicle tests (wheel alignment, dynamic vehicle tests, autonomous driving tests)
- Familiarity with Vector and/or Peak CAN based diagnostic tools or ability to learn quickly
- Familiarity with vehicle communication protocols (DoIP, CAN, CANFD, FlexRAY, LIN, etc)
- Programming experience preferred (Python, C++, MATLAB preferred)
- Data analytics experience preferred (MATLAB, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience providing leadership to managers, supervisors and/or professional staff.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel (frequency), drive a motor vehicle, communicate using telephone and e-mail.
- Business travel is required for this role.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.