Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, installing, and supporting network hardware and software primarily at the Normal, IL plant and potentially across multiple Rivian locations
- Manage network security with knowledge of: FortiGate and Cisco Firepower Firewalls, Dell and Cisco switches, Ubiquiti, Meraki and Cisco access points
- Being capable of troubleshooting, analyzing and diagnosing issues as needed
- Collaborate with remote IT team members to build and maintain positive, productive team relationships
- Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions involved in downstream technical processes
- Travel to other location where network devices will need to be installed and configured (potentially up to 75%)
- Potential for various shift work as needed
This is what you’ll need:
- At least 5 years (or relative) in a network support role, where you learned the nuances of IT Administration
- Bachelor’s is preferred for this position
- Experience with: LAN, WAN, WLAN, SDWAN, DMZ, Firewalls, Switches, Access Points in a manufacturing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Tech Savvy – Ability and passion for learning new technology and tools
- Passion for Customer Support – A drive to provide solutions to our business partners needs in a timely fashion
- Prioritization Skills – The ability to analyze support requests, and prioritize them based on impact
- Discipline – The discipline to actively manage internal IT projects, while balancing daily tasks
- A Teacher – Able to cross train other IT team members to broaden the team’s knowledge base
- Self-Starter – Continue to look for areas of possible improvement to assist business partners in achieving their goals
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Information Technology
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.