Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Ensure the timely delivery of battery system components to vehicle program timing.
- Battery system architecture development for next generation systems including:
- Cell selection and packaging
- Thermal management
- System layout and connection routing
- Electronics packaging and integration
- System controls and safety architecture
- Write and manage component functional requirements.
- Manage PLM part data in Enovia including cost & mass target and status.
- Manage and conduct CAD design as necessary for battery components to meet component and system targets.
- Ensure drafting, tolerance analysis, and GD&T are completed for components.
- Work with Rivian CAE team to define and submit simulation requests as needed for design validation.
- Participate and be responsible for battery component and system DFMEAs.
- Work with Rivian Validation team to write DVP from component requirements and DFMEA.
- Support prototype builds to execute development testing and support development vehicle program.
- Work with Rivian Supply Chain to quote and source production suppliers.
- Work with suppliers on component DFM to reduce cost and improve quality and reliability.
- Work with Rivian manufacturing team on component DFA to improve manufacturability.
- 1+ year of experience with Bachelor's Degree or 1+ year of experience with Master’s degree.
- Familiarity with lithium ion cell chemistries and form factors.
- Design experience for injection molding, forming/stamping, casting, extrusion, and composite layup.
- Understanding of battery system architectures, system controls, and circuit analysis.
- Strong fluids and thermodynamics background with working knowledge of energy conversion and heat transfer.
- Experience with automotive powertrain requirements, load cases, and standards.
- Experience with release engineering including CAD design, GD&T, and PLM interface.
- Strong oral and written communication for supplier engagement, program timing, and project management. Experience with automotive DVP&R cycle, requirements management, and issue tracking – JIRA, JAMA, IQ-RM
- CATIA V6 (3Dx) and Enovia proficiency
- MS Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project) proficiency
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.