Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Member of Battery Module Electro-mechanical design team
- Responsible to lead team in launch of battery pack into start of production, sustaining and continuous improvement of battery module after launch
- Design responsibility of assemblies and components during production launch, ramping up of production and sustaining phase
- Responsible for maintaining ramp rate of battery pack, subassembly, and components during launch and into production
- Holistic sustainability of Battery Module assembly, subassembly, and components
- Continued optimization of Battery Pack, subassembly, and components
- Lead Design Reviews
- Lead BOM management and change management
- Lead DFMEA efforts and support of PFMEA efforts
- Prepare rework plans and quality requirements for rework.
- Collaborate with manufacturing and Quality to solve yield and scrap issues
- Define validation requirements based on design or process change
- Lead product improvements and understanding impacts of cost and mass.
- Lead battery module teardown efforts for factory and field failures
- Lead supplier engagement activities to drive home changes, monitor line audits and manage part qualifications
- 3+ years industry experience with Bachelors’ degree or 1+ years with Masters’ degree.
- Experience with battery module design including structural, thermal, and electrical components of battery module.
- Understanding of battery system architectures and system requirements.
- Understanding and execution of root cause and corrective action
- Proficiency with statistics and data analysis
- Understanding of line FAT and SAT
- Strong understanding of high-volume manufacturing processes and equipment
- Strong collaboration skills with engineering, manufacturing, reliability, and quality engineers
- Experience with release engineering including CAD design, GD&T, and PLM interface
- Familiarity with modeling/analysis tools for structural and thermal analysis
- Understanding of safety protocols for battery modules
- Experience with automotive DVP&R cycle, requirements management, and issue tracking – JIRA, JAMA, IQ-RM, Plato
- Proficiency with CATIA V6 (3Dx) and Enovia proficiency
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.