Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Be a steward of Rivian’s culture and guiding principles
- Drive continuous improvement efforts post SOP to ensure safety, quality, cost, and delivery metrics are met and needs of customer (Paint & General Assembly) are met
- Ensure equipment installation and process meet key targets for production readiness as far as KPIs and schedule
- Work closely with advanced manufacturing engineering to review process and cell layout/design during development
- Develop culture of continuous improvement across all cross functional teams to ensure strong input from all levels of organization
- Develop capital budget plan for Body continuous improvement projects
- Develop standards and processes to support business and Body needs
- Develop long range plan for Body operations
- Manage and lead team, ensuring adequate staffing and skill levels
- Identify and ensure project and program milestones are met
- Drive cycle time reductions and line balancing across shop
- Lead team of process, joining, and dimensional engineers
- Work with cross functional groups including quality, metrology, production control to ensure resolution of issues
This is what you’ll need:
- Automotive new model launch experience
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Commercially aware and involved in business goal decision making
- BS in engineering or related field
- Masters or advanced degrees are preferred
- 10-15 years in automotive industry
- Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing Body Shop
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.