Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Maintain a high-quality relationship with the managers to identify and implement processes, equipment and functional improvements to achieve operational excellence
- Coordinates activities to resolve shortages, proper use of material equipment and support replenishment methods
- Support and participate in pilot programs and model change activities
- Monitor and control capital and expense spending
- Performs and teaches all processes and assignments within the department with the ability to fill in as needed
- Supervises and supports Team Leaders and Team Members
- Plans and establishes team agenda and ensures performance scheduling
- Trains, develops, and evaluates Team Members and Team Leaders
- Maintains team’s records regarding: safety, ergonomics, discrepancies, vacations, attendance, and O/T
- Responsible for the safety of employees and ensure that all production equipment is in safe operating condition in conjunction with the safety committee and EH&S manager
- Determine team member activity including recommendation of hiring, firing, performance, wage and salary reviews
- Utilizes Standardized Work (SOS)
- Communicates best practices, problem resolution and performance data.
- Maintains good labor practices
- Able to travel to support product/process development at Rivian and supplier locations
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Engineering or Technical bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of high-volume manufacturing experience or 3+ years of previous supervisory manufacturing experience preferred or combination of education and experience
- 3+ years experience with one of the following paint processes; Pretreatment/E-coat, Sealer, Prime, Basecoat, Clearcoat, Masking, Inspection or Repair.
- Experience with Materials Requirement Planning “MRP” Software such as SAP Preferred.
- Kaizen / continuous improvement process experience
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Working knowledge in Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook programs.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay within budget.
- Strong team orientation and cross functional attitude
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.