Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As one of our Technical Program Managers, you will oversee Manufacturing Engineering projects from concept through launch, including conceptualization, design, procurement, installation, commissioning, and turnover to Operations. This role will focus on the development of Rivian’s core factory equipment and processes in the Stamping area. We are looking for candidates who specialize in die development and/or press equipment.
- Work with the cross-functional team to build a comprehensive plan for the portfolio of projects to deliver a vehicle program, highlighting the critical path. Track actual progress against the plan. Plan covers all aspects - scope, cost, timing.
- Highlight and actively troubleshoot risks or misses against the plan.
- Build and improve project execution tools and processes.
- Distill organizational goals into strategic roadmaps and break down into program plans.
- Actively cultivate Rivian company culture within the Manufacturing Engineering team.
- Help fill organizational gaps to keep the critical path on track. Examples include:
- Analyzing data to inform a prioritization or problem-solving activity
- Managing equipment suppliers or installation contractors
- Facilitating tactical stand-ups or problem-solving activity
- Understanding technical decisions and drawing connections between groups
- 3+ years designing and launching stamping dies OR stamping equipment into production.
- 2+ years in a project manager role facilitating a cross-functional team to deliver a complex stamping program composed of multiple dies OR a major press line.
- Familiarity with a standard product development process and common tools such as D/PFMEA, DV/PV testing, PPAP, etc.
- Experience managing 3rd party resources such as contractors, skilled tradespeople, or suppliers.
- BS in an engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical.
- Highly collaborative mindset and strong communication skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.