Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Manufacturing Engineering at Rivian is responsible for the deployment and scale-up of all Rivian’s production capacity around the world. This entails factory conceptualization, design, procurement, installation, commissioning, and turnover to Operations. We are looking for unique individuals to manage the entirety of a factory program, stitching together inputs across multiple impacted shops (e.g. Body Assembly, Paint, General Assembly).
- Recruit and build a world class team of technical program managers responsible for Body Assembly, Paint, General Assembly, and Infrastructure Design. Coordinate closely with Technical Program Managers responsible for the Cell, Drive Unit, Battery, Power Electronics, and Unit Ops manufacturing areas.
- Work with the cross-functional team to build a comprehensive plan for the program, highlighting the critical path. Track actual progress against the plan. Plan covers all aspects - scope, cost, timing.
- Highlight and actively troubleshoot risks or misses against the plan.
- Actively cultivate Rivian company culture within the Manufacturing Engineering team.
- 10+ years designing and launching equipment and process into manufacturing environments.
- Proven leadership developing and launching factories at the multi-shop, facility/site-wide level.
- Experience building teams of technical program managers and engineers.
- Must have prior experience in high volume manufacturing of complex electromechanical assemblies (e.g. aerospace, automotive, semiconductor, or similar)
- Experience managing 3rd party resources such as contractors, skilled tradespeople, or suppliers.
- BS in an engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical or Electrical.
- Highly collaborative mindset and strong communication skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.