Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
ABOUT CHARGING AT RIVIAN:
The development of electric vehicle charging technology and the widespread availability of chargers are as essential to the mass adoption of EVs as the vehicles themselves. Rivian is developing charging technology and is building a charging business that supports EV owners at every level of their charging needs, including an entire range of charging products.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
A world class group of creative engineers, the Rivian Charging Product Design Team is laser focused on enabling the electric vehicle revolution through designing, engineering, and deploying the full ecosystem of Rivian Charging Products.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Rivian is seeking a star design engineer with a passion for electric vehicles and sustainability, and a track record of shipping complex, customer-facing, hardware products.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Working in a fast paced, collaborative environment as a founding member of the Charging Products Team, you’ll use your outstanding product design engineering skills to take designs from initial sketch through to flawless production.
You’ll be the directly responsible individual for:
• Engineering design (including CAD) of all non-electrical components, including customer-facing parts
• Developing, tolerancing, releasing, and maintaining drawings using Rivian CAE and PLM tools
• Leading the technical relationship with vendors to prototype, test, and mature components ready for mass manufacture
• Develop component DFMEA and participate in system level DFMEA
• Industrial Design to ensure that design intent is achieved, and to push the limits of what is possible
• The Electric Power Conversion team to ensure that power electronics design requirements are incorporated into the mechanical design.
• Technical Program Managers to enable schedule planning and program-level risk analysis
• Supply Chain and Purchasing to develop RFQs and build relationships with vendors
• Contract Manufacturers to bring our designs into scaled production
Report on and Escalate:
• Key and gating technical decisions, so they can be made with expedience
• New and outstanding program-level risks and issues
• Weekly progress with respect to plan and schedule
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• A Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Product Design Engineering
• A demonstrated track record of shipping complex, customer-facing, hardware products
• A successful history of working in partnership with Industrial Designers to achieve amazing product outcomes
• Proficiency with Computer Aided Design (CAD) 3D modeling, drafting, and release (CATIA V6 a plus)
• Experience navigating "startup" ambiguity – we're a new team building new products with new processes
• Experience working with contract manufacturers (preferred)
• A passion for engineering, and a drive to challenge conventional thinking
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.