Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As the Cellular Systems Validation Engineer, you will be responsible for end-to-end validation of multi-cellular and multi-access connectivity to Rivian vehicles, thereby allowing robust connectivity for not only today’s adventures but tomorrow’s as well. Specifically, this role will lead the test case creation, validation of new connectivity features/integrations/APIs, and the documentation of defects that will enable Rivian to execute on our core connectivity functionality and services.
This is a high impact role with meaningful cross-functional visibility as connectivity is the foundation in which all of Rivian’s digital capabilities are built upon. Rivian’s Connected Fleet team works closely with cross-functional partners to support engineering, testing, and deployments across our global fleet of vehicles. A ground floor opportunity to revolutionize the connected car segment with an always connected vehicle that uploads thousands of signals every minute.
This is what you'll do:
- Develop test automation frameworks and data analysis tools using industry best practices.
- Ensure robust connectivity for all consumer/commercial vehicles and charger deployments by proactively executing test cases and validating new connectivity integrations to ensure new features launch on time and without defects.
- Work with developers, systems engineers, product managers, and vendors to create test plans, tools for requirements verification, and product validation for end-to-end vehicle connectivity and management.
- Promptly document defects, work with product management on prioritizing bugs, escalate issues to the appropriate internal/external engineering team, and verify bug fixes.
- Work with product management, digital technology, and vehicle engineering to onboard new carriers and validate new integrations/features prior to releasing to production.
- Responsible for testing and validating connectivity solutions end to end in partnership with Rivian engineering, vendors, and network operators.
- Act as the point of contact with both carriers and vendors to address newly discovered issues, identify launch blockers, and provide assurance that implementations have been validated prior to launch.
This is what you'll need:
- 8+ years of experience testing software connectivity solutions in the IoT, wireless/networking, or connected car industries and experience in product lifecycle, testing methodologies, and QA processes.
- Self-motivated/scrappy with the ability to dive right in, develop effective processes, and work to ensure our vehicles remain connected.
- Experience with testing various cellular & Wi-Fi technology components such as 4G/5G, Wi-Fi connectivity management, and Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Experience with validating IoT solutions that involve complex lifecycle management, API/network integrations with various cell carriers/connectivity management platforms, and eSIM providers.
- Strong cross-functional experience with engineering, customer support, finance, product management, and marketing.
- Knowledge of the basic milestones within the cellular provisioning process and how to manage the SIM lifecycle.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or another related field.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.