Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Be the Directly Responsible Individual for:
- Building and leading a world class team of mechanical engineers to develop the future of EV charging products
- Facilitating between Industrial Design and all engineering teams to determine and push what is possible
- Translating Industrial Design’s vision into manufacturable products at the highest level of execution
- Leading the CAD design, hands-on when necessary, of all customer-facing surfaces and components
- Leading structural analysis, hands-on when necessary, of all customer-facing surfaces and components
- Being the keeper of the highest standards of quality on all customer-facing surfaces and components
- Ensuring Rivian PLM processes are followed, while providing input to improve those processes
- Ensuring DFM and geometric dimension and tolerancing (GD&T) best practices are followed
- Industrial Design to execute their vision into feasible CAD-captured components
- The Electric Power Conversion team to ensure compatibility with internal components and structures
- Purchasing and Supply Chain to find viable and economical solutions for manufacturability
- External suppliers to optimize design quality and economics of designs
- Reliability engineering to ensure longevity and reliability of components and systems
- Product and Program Leadership to ensure designs are deliverable on time and within cost targets
- The Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) to ensure manufacturability and scalable production
Report on and Escalate:
- Weekly progress with respect to plan and schedule
- New program-level risks and unknowns
- Key and gating decisions, so they can be made with expedience
- Opportunities to push boundaries, improve, and innovate
- 7+ years of experience in mechanical engineering of consumer facing products and surfaces
- 2+ years of experience managing high-caliber engineers
- Experience shipping products from concept phase to production on annual or semi-annual release cycles
- Strong knowledge in working with CAD systems (CATIA V6 experience a plus)
- Demonstrated success in highly cross-functional work environments
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A strong vision of how to build a world-class team (demonstrated ability here is a plus)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.