Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As the Product Analyst for Rivian's Fraud & Risk Management initiatives, you will define and build a platform that allows Rivian to manage all aspects of KYC and transaction risk through the customer lifecycle, while ensuring compliance and statutory adherence.
As the Product Analyst for Fraud & Risk Management, you will be responsible for driving Rivian's strategy to identify and mitigate fraud losses while maintaining world-class customer experience and operational efficiency. This is a high impact role with meaningful cross-functional visibility and alignment. Fraud & Risk management principles require collaboration at various levels and across several operational layers across the organization. This is an opportunity to bring execution rigor, domain insights and data centricity to decision-making and reduce our exposure to financial and reputational risk.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage relationships with Rivian payment processors and service providers
- Lead PCI compliance and other payment information security initiatives
- Ensure a smooth payment experience for Rivian customers across all platforms, markets, and products.
- Collaborate with Treasury, Commerce, Charging, Legal, and Product to define the risk standards and thresholds for the entire payments lifecycle. Establish baseline for acceptable behavior, configure rules and manage transactions that are deemed too risky for auto-approval.
- Build deep relationships with engineers and work quickly to establish working relationships from senior leadership down to individual contributors.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 2+ years of experience in payments processing (merchant/acquiring) with exposure to risk & fraud.
- Deep understanding of the payments eco system, distributed payments architecture, and the general fintech landscape
- Experience creating distributed payments systems that served mobile, kiosk, terminal, and web
- A background in working with development teams through periods of rapid growth and scale, understanding the big picture and the importance of investing in the core technical foundation
- Have depth and breadth of knowledge across multiple software engineering disciplines: restful services, data modeling, distributed design orchestration and APIs
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Digital Commerce
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.