Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian’s Digital Commerce Team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience outside the vehicle (e.g. vehicle configurator, payment gateway, vehicle delivery management, service scheduling) across web, mobile app and in-store. To that end, we are developing a world-class commerce platform that will make learning about and purchasing electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless and fun. We are seeking a ...
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Facilitate alignment between demand planning, manufacturing, material planning, marketing, product planning, marketing and digital commerce on all new features and configuration options
- Maintain a common configuration language standard between all internal and external parties
- Develop tools to create and manage vehicle configurations, pricing, and combinability rules.
- Own the roadmap for the platform capabilities in coordination with other product managers, program managers, and operations stakeholders
- Develop front and back end interfaces as needed
- Build deep relationships with engineers and work quickly to establish working relationships from sr leadership down to individual contributors
- Work with Product, Engineering and Commerce leadership to make buy vs build decisions
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 5+ years of strong product management experience developing core business software from the ground up
- Deep understanding of pricing systems, combinability rules, and demand planning.
- Experience creating distributed rules systems that served planning, operations, and finance teams.
- Experience managing
- A background in working with development teams through periods of rapid growth and scale, understanding the big picture and the importance of investing in the core technical foundation
- Have depth and breadth of knowledge across multiple software engineering disciplines: restful services, data modeling, distributed design orchestration and API’s
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Digital Commerce
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.