Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Access Control Specialist, NA Central will be an individual contributor responsible for managing and maintaining physical access control for all sites in their assigned region, while delivering world-class customer service to our employees, contractors, and guests. This role is key in ensuring the protection of Rivian’s employees, facilities, and assets worldwide.
- Issue credentials to all Rivian employees, contractors, and guests
- Create, assign, maintain, revoke, and audit access within our enterprise access control system (ACS)
- Process all physical access requests using an enterprise ticketing system (e.g. Jira) and/or communication platform (e.g. Slack)
- Manage and maintain visitor access within our enterprise visitor management system, including kiosk deployments at new sites
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners to define space ownership and appropriate area approvers
- Maintain our access control systems datasets, including compiling reports, assisting with requests from internal teams, and reporting key metrics to senior Rivian leadership
- Assist with the continuous development of access control policies, procedures, and systems
- Create and maintain access control documentation using proper change management and process controls
- Maintain appropriate site supply inventory and serve as escalation point for regional access control needs
- Train Security Concierge team members to assist with printing badges and maintain visitor management hardware
- Associate/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- 3+ years’ experience managing physical access control in a corporate environment
- Experience in creating and modifying access credentials in an enterprise access control system (Lenel, Genetec, and Avigilon preferred)
- Experience in customer service-oriented office
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a strong ability to effectively interact with a diverse team of people and to deal with fast paced work environment with rapidly changing work priorities and peak periods.
- Strong work ethic and high level of discretion; Must possess the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Experience working in Physical Security industry with exposure to global operations and projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, ticketing systems (e.g. Jira, ServiceNow), and collaboration platforms (e.g. Slack, Smartsheets, Lucidchart, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail and Action oriented with ability to follow up feedback to ensure positive outcome
- Willing to travel domestically, as needed
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.