Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Participate in the hardware definition and development of Powertrain Test Systems and Equipment.
- Develop Data Acquisition setups for Powertrain components and subsystems testing.
- Create, validate and debug Test System Controls Software before handing it off to Test Operators.
- Develop, update and maintain well documented controls software for Electric Vehicle Powertrain Test Systems, such as dynamometers, Ultimate Strength Tester, Gearbox Test Rig, etc.
- Support other Rivian teams in the generation of Rivian Test Standards, providing technical input on test setups and data acquisition
- Train Test Operators in the use of the Test Systems Controls Software.
- Develop Automated Test Scripts (test sequences), and train and assist Test Operators in the development of Automated Test Scripts.
- Develop Test Systems Controls Software Specifications, based on Test and Validation Requirements, Device Under Test (DUT) Specifications, and Test Operator feedback.
- Develop scripts for Automated Data Analysis and Reporting.
- BS in Engineering with minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in testing or developing of complex mechatronic systems and a comprehensive understanding of complex systems
- Demonstrated experience in NI LabVIEW programming - Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD) or higher preferred.
- A thorough knowledge of automotive CAN communication, including the ability to create .DBC or FIBEX CAN database files.
- Experience in configuration, development and maintenance of NI Veristand (including the development of Custom Devices) and NI TestStand is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with the design, construction, implementation, and validation of electric powertrain test equipment
- 2+ years demonstrated experience in configuration, development and maintenance of AVL PUMA and EMCON test system is required.
- Experience in configuration, development and maintenance of other dynamometer controls systems such as REPS, STARS/SPARC, etc., may substitute for experience with PUMA and EMCON.
- Experience in data analysis and scripting for automated data analysis tools such as NI DIAdem, is preferred.
- Fundamental understanding of electric powertrains and the testing and validation thereof, is required.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.