Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will develop and lead a growing multi-disciplinary and multi-geography Cost Engineering Team driving prioritized, timely, and impactful cost reduction projects across all Rivian vehicle programs. The leadership position drives engagement across key stakeholders (purchasing, finance, engineering, design and plant operations) to help achieve significant impact in evaluating cost and driving cost effective decisions that enable Rivian to deliver a more competitive and profitable product.
· Develop and lead the cost engineering team to meet Rivian’s growing needs. Develop and socialize success metrics.
· Champion the mission of the cost engineering team and cost-conscious solutions to support key stakeholders (Engineering, Supply Chain, Plant Operations, Finance) in delivering product and brand expectations.
· Build and maintain key relationships that maximize the value and impact of cost engineering work for Rivian
· Manage daily activities of the team with clear goals while driving standardized work, procedures and technology adoption
· Prioritize efforts that balance multiple customers’ requirements. Be a collaborator to gain buy-in of the prioritized efforts.
· Drive technology adoption (aPriori) and continual review of technology solutions to support growing needs in the cost engineering and estimating space
· Be a leader on the Strategic Operations leadership team to support broader Operations’ deliverables
· Accountable for the execution of quality related continuous improvement projects.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
· Master’s degree in Business or Finance
· Demonstrated prior work experience relevant to this position
· An engineer with finance and leadership experience
· A people leader and team builder. Demonstrated experience leading a team through ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
· Incredible interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others that do not report to you.
· Experience leading independent thinking, deeply experienced artisans and/or engineers to accomplish a broader company solution
· Strategic thinker that can then put that strategy into an actionable plan with demonstrated success in execution
· Tenacious/Grit to get things done
· Able to earn credibility with and influence an engineer, a purchasing specialist, a production employee and finance leader all at the same time
· Mastery of Microsoft Office suite of products
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.