Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Charging Systems Quality Engineer will oversee quality engineering activities to support robust designs and quality planning required to deliver products with exceptional quality. Establishing strategic objectives, tracking and achieving quality targets while contributing to the engineering design specifications are key to success. Collaborating cross-functionally to supporting the full lifecycle of product quality is necessary to achieve product success.
• Oversee all aspects of quality engineering for Charging Systems and related products
• Establish strategic objectives with engineering to deliver products with exceptional quality
• Determine, track, and deliver key KPI’s to achieve quality targets and goals
• Work with engineering, manufacturing, and the supply base to ensure requirements flow through
• Establish quality objectives and contribute to engineering design specifications to deliver product quality
• Establish internal process flows for incoming inspection and reaction plans for nonconforming material
• Ensure product and process designs deliver high levels of capability using DFMEA, PFMEA and other tools
• Drive Prediction, Prevention, and Protection of quality issues and risk mitigation solutions
• Collaborate with other members of the engineering staff to support both project and internal R&D efforts
• Lead the quality function for product design, development, validation, launch, warranty, and continuous improvement for your system
• BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum of 3 years engineering and/or quality experience including:
o Design and manufacturing of power electronics and related electrical test processes
o Knowledge of printed circuit board fabrication and circuit card assembly processes per industry specifications
• Familiarity with High voltage testing instrumentation and parameters
• Basic CAD knowledge, including ability to review designs within CATIA Preferred
• Strong statistical and problem-solving capability, Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
• Experience with New Product and Process Development
• Knowledge of AIAG, APQP and related tools
• Demonstrated quality improvements through use of structured problem solving
• Experience working in a cross functional environment
• Ability to collaborate with engineering, manufacturing, and suppliers
• Comfortable working in a manufacturing / production environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.