Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done – thoughtfully and sustainably.
• Manage projects throughout the entire project lifecycle:
o Deliver all projects on-time, within scope and budget while achieving project objectives and meeting stakeholder expectations
o Create a plan with clearly identified dependencies, task ownership, and commitment dates that align with project milestones
o Drive accountability to ensure task owners meet their commitments for completion of project deliverables
o Manage changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs using appropriate change management processes
o Perform project risk management to minimize risks to achieving objectives and escalate issues as needed
o Communicate project updates on milestone achievement, changes, and risks on a consistent basis to stakeholders via presentations, KPI reports, and dashboards
o Conduct post project evaluations and identify successful and unsuccessful project elements and drive to always improve our processes
• Bachelor of Science degree in a technical related field, business, or management
• A self-starter with a curious mind and a penchant for always asking “Why?” who is willing to step outside of their comfort zone and explore new ideas
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred with experience using various project management methodologies to include Agile.
• 3 – 5 years of project management experience in manufacturing, quality, and product launch ideally in an automotive environment
• Strong ability to cultivate relationships and lead across functions while driving movement on actions, breaking down silos, and removing roadblocks to objectives.
• Excellent analytical skills with proven ability to solve problems creatively
• Experience using project management software required
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.