Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Senior Manager of Project Development will be responsible project development support and energy procurement.
This is what you'll do:
- Lead team to win public and utility incentive program opportunities to lower our cost of deployment across both charging and energy
- Manage solutions engineers to assist sales teams and customers in site layouts and site optimization for charging and energy deployments
- Support internal teams and drive efficiencies into business processes
- Lead high performing team that includes project managers, financial analysts, utility and public program managers, solutions engineers, and energy procurement professionals
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, marketing, digital commerce, communications, facilities, etc.
- Lead negotiations with utilities and other parties as appropriate
This is what you'll need:
- BS or MS in computer science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or similar field or experience
- 2 or more years of team management
- Experience in project development and asset deployment
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Customer-first approach with a relentless passion to support our internal team and deliver
- Knowledge and understanding of energy storage and charging technology
- Ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to gain commitment to accomplish business goals
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Experience delivering technology products/services/software in a high growth environment where priorities shift
- The ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.