Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Manager, Technical Security, Design & Build will be responsible for Rivian’s physical security infrastructure design & build team. You will manage the entire lifecycle of all new and day-two security infrastructure projects, including build standards, site selection/assessments, security system design, installation, testing, and commissioning. While no two days will end up looking the same, generally speaking you’ll be responsible for the following things:
- Define, build, and mature Rivian’s technical security design and build team from the ground up
- Roll up your sleeves and jump in – you’ll be the first in role, so you’ll be very hands and tactical while you build your team
- Strengthen a team of seasoned project managers focused on securing people, places, and things
- Implement scalable processes and technology to maximize your team’s effectiveness
- Foster close collaboration with partners in Real Estate, Construction, IT, Commercial, Workplace, and Manufacturing teams
- Manage several teams of world-class integrators and vendors to ensure successful deployments
- Regularly report program metrics, KPIs, and key datasets to senior leadership
Some teams have strict requirements about certifications, degrees, and things like that. Not us! We’re more interested in the unique perspectives and expertise you’ll bring to the team, rather than acronyms on your resume. However, you’ll be much more likely to be successful in this role if these bullet points seem like a good description of you:
- You’ve been leading a team of technical security build teams for a while now, probably in the realm of 10+ years
- Deploying security infrastructure across a wide and deep portfolio doesn’t faze you
- You can secure everything from a robot in the middle of the plant to a repurposed historic movie theater on the PCH
- You’ve hired lots of people for physical security design/build roles before and can pick out phenomenal talent from the crowd
- You’re a designer at heart. You’re really good at securing facilities; you’re arguably better at making it frictionless and invincible
- Every team you’ve led has gotten high marks for performance and job satisfaction
- You frequently get praise from your peers and coworkers about your communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have effective methods to handle stress and pressure, even in high intensity or emotionally charged situations and environments
- You love to travel; always eager to jump at your next adventure
- This isn’t your first rodeo - you’ve built similar programs at EV (Electric Vehicle) or tech companies in the past
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.