Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Manager, Production Security, will be responsible for the Rivian Illinois factory, Security Program. The Manager, Production Security will be responsible for managing the onsite Security Operations Team and providing direction regarding Security Program development, strategy, and risk management initiatives. In the absence of or at the direction of the Sr. Manager, the Manager, Production Security will assume the role of incident commander during major events. The role is key in establishing a proactive, consultative, and service orientated culture for Security at Rivian.
- Assist with building and managing the overall security program during and after the construction of the Illinois factory campus. Provide security recommendations in the design and construction of the factory and oversee physical security systems and controls.
- Assist with shaping the Factory Security Team- acquire, retain, develop and mentor the best team and talent.
- Grow and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to develop security risk mitigating strategies.
- Create and implement policies/procedures to support the Security Program.
- Assist with managing the onsite guard force and SOC
- Support development and delivery of security awareness activities.
- Integrity and professionalism.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Extensive security industry or related experience, including people management experience.
- Experience in leading a security function at large sites or factories.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- CPP, PSP or equivalent certifications are a plus.
- Experience with technical security systems (access control, surveillance, project/case management programs)
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Office 365).
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as operational needs dictate and be able to travel domestically. Some international travel may also be required.
- A service-oriented personality, self-motivated, detail oriented, confident, energetic, and flexible
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.