Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Senior Revenue Accountant role is responsible for assisting in the implementation of revenue processes, controls, and systems; performing daily and monthly revenue tasks; ensuring US GAAP compliance; and assisting in special projects. This role will work cross functionally with various departments. This role will be critical in establishing the foundation for revenue accounting at Rivian. We are looking for a candidate who is eager to continually learn, has an analytical mind, strong attention to detail, comfortable with complexities, and motivated to drive results.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work directly with the Revenue Accounting Manager on daily revenue tasks, journal entries, analyses, control execution, and executive reporting
- Assist in implementing and integrating revenue accounting systems within SAP
- Support in developing automation routines to efficiently monitor and account for revenue streams
- Advise on control and process implementations
- Review and assess complex revenue contracts to determine compliance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for revenue accounting considerations
- Work cross functionally to advise and ensure understanding of contractual verbiage and its impact on revenue accounting
- Perform monthly close procedures
- Furnish information and support for internal- and external-audit purposes
- Assist with special projects by researching and preliminarily concluding on technical accounting matters
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 4+ years of corporate accounting work experience or 3+ years of public accounting work experience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Ability to be adaptable to change
- Constant desire to learn and challenge others to find the best solution
- An elevated understanding of the order to cash process
- Advanced Excel skills
- Preferred, but not required, certification or skills:
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant
- SOX experience
- SAP experience
- Tableau or data visualization knowledge
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
- Department: Accounting
- Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.