Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Senior Revenue Accountant role is responsible for assisting in the implementation of revenue processes, controls, and systems; performing daily and monthly revenue tasks; ensuring US GAAP compliance; and assisting in special projects. This role will work cross functionally with various departments. This role will be critical in establishing the foundation for revenue accounting at Rivian. We are looking for a candidate who is eager to continually learn, has an analytical mind, strong attention to detail, comfortable with complexities, and motivated to drive results.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work directly with the Revenue Accounting Manager on daily revenue tasks, journal entries, analyses, control execution, and executive reporting
- Assist in implementing and integrating revenue accounting systems within SAP
- Support in developing automation routines to efficiently monitor and account for revenue streams
- Advise on control and process implementations
- Review and assess complex revenue contracts to determine compliance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for revenue accounting considerations
- Work cross functionally to advise and ensure understanding of contractual verbiage and its impact on revenue accounting
- Perform monthly close procedures
- Furnish information and support for internal- and external-audit purposes
- Assist with special projects by researching and preliminarily concluding on technical accounting matters
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 4+ years of corporate accounting work experience or 3+ years of public accounting work experience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Ability to be adaptable to change
- Constant desire to learn and challenge others to find the best solution
- An elevated understanding of the order to cash process
- Advanced Excel skills
- Preferred, but not required, certification or skills:
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant
- SOX experience
- SAP experience
- Tableau or data visualization knowledge
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
- Department: Accounting
- Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.