Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Security Site Manager will deploy and manage Security services at an assigned Rivian site or sites. The Site Security Manager will be responsible for the security of employees and visitors at the assigned facility and to mitigate Security risks as it pertains to Rivian, through monitoring, training, and preventative solutions.
- Be the leader for the Security function on site and lead a diverse team of Security personnel
- Manage the daily security operations and execute on security directives.
- Maintain and enhance Site Security operations, procedures and processes.
- Grow and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to develop innovative solutions for security risks and vulnerabilities.
- Implement policies and procedures to support the existing and future Security program.
- Support development and delivery of security awareness activities.
- Drive strategies to ensure compliance with all regulations at the assigned facility, including Security Codes, and any other applicable standards.
- Conducts Security vulnerability assessments and audits.
- Initiate and oversee the development, implementation, administration, monitoring and improvement of security/loss prevention plans, policies, programs, procedures and protocols.
- Extensive site Security management experience, with at least 5+ years in the corporate sector and in a management or leadership role.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Extensive security industry or related experience, including people management experience.
- Experience in leading a Security function at large sites, or factories.
- Experience with supply chain and inventory control a plus.
- CFE, CPP, PSP or equivalent certifications are a plus.
- A positive attitude and attention to detail.
- Integrity and professionalism.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Office 365).
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as operational needs dictate and be able to travel domestically.
- A service-oriented personality, self-motivated, confident, energetic, and flexible.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.