Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done – thoughtfully and sustainably.
Infotainment Software Engineers are at the core of our feature development process, transforming high level descriptions into working software that delivers a beautiful and intuitive in-vehicle experience to Rivian drivers and passengers.
- OTA Embedded Engineer will be contributing to the system design, implementation, and verification of an over-the-air (OTA) software update solution for the Infotainment Platform, which consists of several CPU’s and microcontroller (MCU).
- Work closely with internal and external software & hardware teams to develop an OTA implementation that meets product requirements. Support vehicle integration and acceptance through lab and field testing.
- Debug OTA issues through the examination of logs, tracing code, etc.
- Work with other team members to automate OTA testing.
- Strong hands-on experience with Multi-ECU OTA Software updates
- 3+ years of Expertise in C++, Java, or other high-level object-oriented programming languages.
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Multi-threaded / multi-process programming in embedded Linux environments
- Exposure to the Qt Framework
- Experience with modern development tools: git, Jira, various IDEs, etc.
- Extensive hands-on experience on real-time embedded software development and troubleshooting
- Ability to be creative/resourceful - to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.