Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Drive dimensional controls and tolerance discussions into the basics of all design across the organization
- Support vehicle development and design team to ensure proper GD&T is specified for supplier parts and planned for in assembly of components
- Perform tolerance stack-up analysis on systems and components in support of design, development, and advanced manufacturing
- Iterate on component design with design and release engineers based on assembly process and dimensional layouts to ensure a repeatable vehicle build with proper part fits and panel adjustments
- Provide formability guidelines, best practices, and simple tools to aid engineering in material and process selection
- Review part tolerance call outs for supplier components as released with RFQ packages to suppliers
- Support component and system design simplification with an overall push for manufacturing and assembly in design
- Work as a champion of good, fundamental design across the vehicle
- Engineering degree from accredited university and 3+ years’ experience
- Experience with Catia V6 and 3DCS preferred
- Knowledge of an automotive design and development process, system requirements, and general engineering best practices
- Understanding of various methods of component forming and assembly and associated part or assembly tolerances
- Experience with component specification standards and ANSI standards for GD&T
- Ability to review a design and process and proved suggestion to improve the repeatability of design
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.