Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Responsible for insuring Rivian vehicles having accurate collision repair service information available. This role will require high levels of initiative, independent judgement and cross-team collaboration. Must be able to complete projects in a compressed timeline.
- Manage a Team of engineers and specialist that focus on developing service collision procedures and solutions for Rivian Vehicles
- Drive best practices and standards of work for Serviceability of Design and propel those requirements into the vehicle development process
- Train, coach and develop employees to exceed our customer’s expectations as you develop a culture of Serviceability within Engineering & Design
- Oversee Service Repair Strategies and technical documentation for Structural body-in-white and exterior components on Rivian vehicles
- Supervise the creation of Service Bill of Materials by turning production part assemblies into serviceable sub-systems for an efficient and effective service part strategy
- Collaborate with Purchasing to ensure Production Suppliers provide the accurate service parts based off Service Bill of Materials
- Coordinate the return of key parts replaced in the field so the failure mode can be root caused and a fix implemented in production
- Identify, define, and promote emerging product and service issues to appropriate channels and into a closed loop system for problem resolution
- Ensure that service body repair procedures that are developed can be correctly and repeatedly performed by collision technicians
- Support Rivian Service Field Action bulletins (safety, compliance, customer satisfaction, service update)
- Research and identify tools available in the collision industry to properly repair vehicles
- Provide input and expertise into the development of technical service training materials
- Drive Prediction, Prevention, and Protection culture in everything we do
- Support Rivian’s Global Certified Collision Repair Network
- 7+ years’ experience with demonstrated managerial leadership in a Service Engineering environment at an Automotive Company
- Knowledge of the development process for the Engineering, Manufacturing and Service Bill of Materials
- Demonstrated leadership in driving service requirements in a complex environment
- Experience with both aluminum and steel vehicle structural service repair development preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects across varying geographic locations simultaneously
- Willingness to work in a strong cross functional environment
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners
- Ability to evaluate and adjust priorities as urgent issues arise
- Able to work efficiently under high amount of work/stress
- Specific knowledge of service engineering discipline (e.g. adhesives, fasteners, welding, crash testing)
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- Knowledge of engineering software and systems (CAD, JIRA, Confluence, etc)
- BS in Engineering, Automotive Technology or equivalent work experience required
- Experience with Catia CAD a plus
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.