Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Rivian Service Operations Team is a dynamic group that ensures every Rivian driver receives premium service anytime vehicle maintenance or repair needs arise. We provide premium, seamless, and convenient solutions via our network of Rivian owned service centers, mobile service vehicles, and network of service parts.
We are always looking for top talent - customer-centric professionals in a broad variety of roles to help us continuously develop and improve the quality and range of our service and products. The Service Operations Team at Rivian encompasses critical components of vehicle service such as service engineering, collision repair, service parts, programs & operations, technical support, field teams, and remanufacturing.
- Role requires high levels of initiative, independent judgement and indirect leadership capability
- Lead teams to creative solutions and develop new processes in a compressed timeline
- Responsible for Mobile Service Development deliverables status at program gateways and executive reviews
- Issue resolution champion and roadblock remover for cross functional issues related to Mobile Service Development
- Lead cross-functional communication to other key groups: Service Operations, Engineering, Homologation, etc.
- Support new Mobile Service related initiatives with in the company and assign responsibility as appropriate
- Establish best practices and standards of work for Mobile Service Development and drive those requirements into the vehicle development process
- Identify, define, promote emerging product and service issues to appropriate channels and into a closed loop system for problem resolution
- Support engineering team with BOM management, sourcing, and development progress tracking
- Manage development and validation test plans for allocated vehicles to Mobile Service Development
- BS in Engineering, Automotive Technology or similar technical degree required
- Master’s degree (Preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience with demonstrated leadership in Development, Launch, and Product Support experience on a vehicle program
- Demonstrated leadership in driving service requirements in a complex environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects across varying geographic locations simultaneously
- Willingness to work in a strong cross functional environment
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners.
- Technical and professional skills in job-related area required.
- Able to work efficiently under high amount of work/stress.
- Specific knowledge of engineering discipline (e.g. mechanics, physics, manufacturing methods, electronics, electric power, software, control systems) within job-related area.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.