Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Rivian Service Operations Team is a dynamic group that ensures every Rivian driver receives premium service anytime vehicle maintenance or repair needs arise. We provide premium, seamless, and convenient solutions via our network of Rivian owned service centers, mobile service vehicles, and network of service parts.
We are always looking for top talent - customer-centric professionals in a broad variety of roles to help us continuously develop and improve the quality and range of our service and products. The Service Operations Team at Rivian encompasses critical components of vehicle service such as service engineering, collision repair, service parts, programs & operations, technical support, field teams, and remanufacturing.
The Rivian Service Operations team is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to further our Mobile Service vehicle development. You will be part of the team creating the next iterations of Rivian’s mobile service fleet, executing complex interior vehicle systems in terms of function and quality.
- Responsible for Mechanical Engineering and Design to develop and support our fleet of mobile service vehicles
- Partner with vehicle engineering, homologation, and manufacturing to bring designs to volume production
- Develop and support deployment of systems in fleet vehicles in North America, and globally
- Work cross functionally with Service Engineering, Service Tooling, and Service Operations groups to develop Mobile Service compatible solutions to expand the abilities of our Mobile Service team
- Interface directly with mobile service technicians to gather feedback, develop solutions, and come up with new developments
- Interface directly with suppliers on technical requirements, designs, and manufacturing
- Innovate and challenge the traditional OEM automotive way of doing things.
- 3+ years’ experience with mechanical design, manufacturing engineering, service engineering, or related fields
- Demonstrated examples of designs brought from concept through manufacturing and deployment
- Willingness to work in a strong cross functional environment
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners.
- Technical and professional skills in job-related area required
- Demonstrated examples of innovation and “out of the box” thinking
- Able to work efficiently under high amount of work/stress.
- Specific knowledge of engineering discipline (e.g. mechanics, physics, metallurgy, manufacturing methods, electronics, software, control systems) within job-related area.
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex.
- Knowledge of engineering software and systems as it pertains to job-related area.
- Experience in Catia V6 and Delmia environment a plus.
- BS in Engineering, Automotive Technology or similar technical degree required
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.