Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Product Manager will drive customer requirements into engineering to achieve customer/business strategies and multiple concurrent initiatives, ranging from concepts in idealization to launching into production. You will also need exceptional ability to work with and influence diverse functional teams.
This is what you’ll do:
- Develop the roadmaps for energy products
- Support product design, development, release and continuous improvement for energy storage products
- Support organization in planning production, inventory, sales targets and lifecycle from concept to end-of-life
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to develop product requirements and specifications
- Prioritize product features
- Provide feedback on product concepts and prototypes
- Partner with engineering and manufacturing teams to plan, build, launch and manage energy storage products
- Responsible for overall product management and strategic focus for multiple energy storage products
- Report and consult with senior management on strategic direction
- Act as voice of the customer in product development and execution
- Develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products and maintain technical analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses
- Coordinate beta testing of new products and features. Document and report problems and recommend solutions/improvements to stakeholders
- Conduct user research to scope and prioritize product initiative
This is what you’ll need:
- BS or MS in computer science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or similar field or experience
- 5 or more years in Product Management
- Experience in Customer Experience Roadmap principles
- Deep knowledge in Product Development and Project/Program Management
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Customer-first approach with a relentless passion to improve the energy storage experience through great, usable solutions
- Experience developing programs with engineering, industrial design, user experience, purchasing and operations teams
- Knowledge and understanding of energy storage market and technology
- Ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to gain commitment to accomplish business goals
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Proven success working on new product initiatives and delivering products
- Experience delivering technology products/services/software in a high growth environment where priorities shift
- The ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Charging and Energy Solutions
Location: Irvine or Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.