Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Construction Project Coordinator, Facilities works closely with the construction team to ensure all financial, administrative, contractual, scheduling and technical aspects of multiple projects are being executed as required. Facilities associated with this role may include, but are not limited to; workplaces, production facilities, logistics facilities, R&D labs, retail and service network.
The Rivian facilities department consists of team members that support Design & Architecture, Construction, Operations, and Security functions supporting Rivian’s growth strategies. As a key member of this team the Construction Project Coordinator will directly support the construction team while indirectly supporting the wider Facilities department and other internal stakeholders.
- Attend pre-bid meetings
- Assist with preparing and evaluating RFP documents
- Assist with the processing of subcontracts and related change orders to subcontracts
- Assist with drafting subcontracts and purchase orders
- Assist in preparing applications for payment
- Participate in weekly progress meetings
- Assist in the bidding process per the Project Manager’s requirements: formulate bidding instructions and scopes, solicit bids, follow up with subcontractors, and receive, log & organize bids
- Receives and assists with processing invoices through Accounts Payable.
- Maintenance of subcontract files. Verify files are complete, procure documents missing, and assist Project Managers in getting those documents
- Run existing trackers (weekly / monthly) needed to update upper management
- Will work and coordinate with various internal departments such as Legal, Purchasing & Accounting.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Utilize organizational skills to handle multiple tasks effectively
- Assist in managing the paperwork and information flow for construction projects
- Assist in the coordination and planning of meetings, events, and projects
- Support and assist with project controls efforts, including project cost reporting and lien waiver processes
- Familiarity with standard construction procedures, process and terminology.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication, organization, and management skills are required
- Ability to handle confidential information
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management is preferred and a minimum of two (2) years working in construction, design, architecture or development related field is required.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.