Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Data Operations Analyst will play a key part working alongside the Analytics Program Manager in expanding and maintaining database frameworks, ensuring data integrity, and analyzing/presenting data to internal stakeholders related to Workplace & Commercial Facilities. This role will help drive efficiency in facilities operations and cost management across Rivian North America facilities by assisting in timely data collection of expenditures, KPI’s, and ensuring proper classification. The Data Operations Analyst will also assist in the creation and maintenance of data visualization dashboards that will guide operations managers, leadership, and other stakeholders in making data-driven decisions, standardize operational spends, and identify areas of opportunities/risks to drive strategy. This role will also consistently work with various cross-functional teams throughout the organization to deliver on ad-hoc analysis and projects.
- Maintain up-to-date operational expenditure and reporting dashboards for workplace/commercial facilities in North America, including but not limited to:
- KPI tracking
- Headcount and space utilization
- Tracking forecast vs actual spend and comparing across segments
- Audit, management and tracking of Purchase Requestions
- Metric refinement and alignment with Finance teams
- Utilities spend analysis and tracking
- Monitor and audit departmental purchase requestions confirming that the proper approvals have been granted, budgets are approved, and accurately categorized internally as needed.
- Support and analyze cross-functional programs to streamline suppliers across departments/teams to effectively minimize redundancies, manage resources, and identify opportunities for improvements.
- Expand, manage, and track quarterly budgets and KPI’s for new and existing locations across North America (Workplace, Manufacturing, Retail/Sales, Service, and Charging sites).
- Provide front-line, primary support to the Operations Managers, Finance, and Procurement teams on various issues & problems relating to data & reporting.
- Review and approve vendor invoicing, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Create, manage and invoice tracking of Purchase Orders as needed.
- Evaluate and analyze vendor quotes and products/services for new and existing vendors ensuring efficient utilization of our resources.
- Actively assist in ensuring utilities for new locations are established, organized, and properly set-up for tracking, payment and monitoring for facilities across North America and all data across sites.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis and present project-specific and/or department-specific insights.
- 3-5 years of analytics experience + project management and or facilities experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage short deadlines, changing priorities; and to follow a disciplined work process.
- Able to cultivate relationships with external and internal stakeholders across multiple functions and levels.
- Expert in Microsoft Suite and some experience with other analytical software such as Tableau and Microsoft Power BI.
- A creative and innovative mindset with a self-starter mentality.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Highly motivated and comfortable in fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 20% of each month
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.