Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Work closely with your Explore teammates and other teams through out the business to understand our customer deeply and turn that understanding into new product concepts.
- Leverage the principles of User Centered Design and Design Research in your work everyday
- Solve problems in creative, new ways.
- Fill the pipeline with innovative product concepts.
- Help push our visual and interactive themes into new territories.
- Exhibit a forward thinking and collaborative approach to design.
- Generate unique product concepts + IP for Rivian.
- Geek out on all things design — fashion, architecture, music, photography, travel, outdoor goods and more.
- Always be looking for ways to add value to our team beyond your job description.
- Look outside the automotive industry for inspiration.
- 2-3+ years of experience industrial design
- Ability to develop many concept ideas around a single problem or opportunity
- Strong story telling and visual presentation skills
- Strong ability to prototype and bring ideas to life quickly
- Ability to develop future roadmaps and product visions
- Rockstar technical skills (sketching, CAD, renderings)
- Strong knowledge of design process
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience outside of automotive is a plus
- Experience using Adobe Suite and CAD surface modeling (Catia, Solidworks, Blender)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.