Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is What You’ll Do
- Champion cutting edge vehicle access features from their definition to fully functioning state, going from system design to integration testing.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving the overall health and stability of Rivian’s vehicle software.
- Develop automation testing tools that will stress our software and ensure continuous integration and testing is in place on each release
- Debug functional issues on the vehicle where the root cause could span across any combination of physical, electrical, and software issues.
- Triage bugs and perceived issues, escalating when appropriate and driving to resolution.
- Drive integration with vehicle level features that require interfacing with manufacturing, body controls, and platform vehicle software teams
This is What You’ll Need
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of experience working on BT/BLE, NFC, Ultra-Wideband, or Real-time localization technologies
- Software design and development experience. Able to develop/debug code in python, C, C++, familiar with Git, Jira, Shell/Bash commands
- Ability to take large concepts, decompose into realizable deliverables and work with team members to distribute tasks and execute individual responsibilities with minimal guidance
- Ability to thrive under pressure and time constraints, apply creative and critically thinking to deliver exceptional results
- Good communication, able to convey both detailed explanations and high-level status updates and know when each is appropriate
- Automotive, CAN, or Ethernet experience is a plus
- NFC, Ultra-Wideband, or Real-time localization technologies
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.