Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Battery Remaining Useful Life Prediction – work with Battery & BMS team to model physics and data to predict performance degradation of the battery system and
- Battery Predictive Maintenance – work with Battery, BMS, Reliability team to measure battery status and usage, develop machine learning algorithms to detect anomalies in usage, dynamics, and degradation
- Battery Optimal Usage – work with Battery & BMS team to develop optimization algorithm which determines optimal usage of the battery
- Battery Connected Health – work with Battery, BMS, and Software team to develop on-line methods of estimating different battery health metrics
- Collaborate with a variety of Rivian stakeholders to define user stories of the algorithm with different product and integrate Cloud-BMS algorithm in Rivian cloud and Rivian’s connected car.
- 7+ years of work experience in data science/machine learning/battery algorithm, with 10 preferred.
- Demonstrated experience developing and launching analytic platforms based on data science
- Experience in automotive or battery strongly preferred
- Experience or education in a physical science preferred
- MS or PhD required in Computer Science, Mathematics, Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering preferred
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strong communication skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.