Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Assist with daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual inspections
- Complete required documentation for regulatory agencies
- Respond to sprinkler system leaks/damage as dispatched by Security
- Respond to fire alarm system activation as dispatched by Security
- Assist with system shutdowns for emergencies/maintenance
- Provide fire system coverage for off shifts and weekends
- Monitor fire system conditions such as building temperatures, water levels, water pressures, air pressure, etc.
- Assist in creating maps of locations of life safety devices such as exit signs and fire extinguishers
- Assist with inspections of life safety devices such as exit signs, fire extinguishers, emergency lights, etc.
- Assist in ensuring all life safety devices and fire suppression systems are accessible
- Assist with labeling fire suppression systems and/or life safety devices
- Assist with identifying potential fire hazards
- Assist with ensuring building is in compliance/accordance with appropriate laws, codes, ordinances, regulations, and standards
- May be asked to consult on hot work permitting as it relates to the fire suppression system
- Perform other miscellaneous tasks as assigned
- Prefer a candidate with a minimum of 6 months experience in a factory setting
- Driver’s license required.
- Strong attention to detail required
- Excellent communication skills
- Technical skills
- Basic understanding of the code regulations including, but not limited to:
- NFPA-1 Fire Code
- NFPA-10 Standard for Portable Fire Extinguishers
- NFPA-13 Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems
- NFPA-14 Standard for the Installation of Standpipe and Hose Systems
- NFPA-16 Standard for the Installation of Foam-Water Sprinkler and Foam-Water Spray Systems
- NFPA-17 Standard for Dry Chemical Extinguishing Systems
- NFPA-18 Standard for Wet Chemical Extinguishing Systems
- NFPA-20 Standard for the Installation of Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection
- NFPA-25 Standard for Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water Based Fire Protection Systems
- NFPA-30 Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code
- NFPA-51B Standard for Fire Prevention During Welding, Cutting and other Hot Work
- NFPA-72 National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code
- NFPA-80 Standard for Fire Doors and Other Opening Protectives
- NFPA 2001 Standard on Clean Agent Fire Extinguishing Systems
- 2015 International Fire Code with Amendment per City of Normal Adopted Codes
- Willingness to learn complex fire protection and suppression systems
- Ability to work off-shifts, holidays, and weekends
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.