Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is who you are:
You are detail-oriented, willing to learn, self-motivated, confident, have great communication skills, and interested in learning about the world of EV industry. This role is a great opportunity to support and collaborate with business partners worldwide, as well as work with a diverse group of highly motivated (and fun) team members. Ideal candidate must possess the ability to adapt to current and future responsibilities, as well as expand responsibilities as needed.
This is what you’ll do:
- Support all corporate governance matters including entity formation and dissolutions, meeting minutes and consents, business licenses and all corporate filings required by the federal, state and local entities.
- Lead on the development of good corporate governance policies and procedures and ensure compliance with regulations and legal requirements for the company to ensure the company does not breach any requirements.
- Support, track and complete various entity business license renewals, as well as other corporate governance matters as needed.
- Assist and support in mergers and acquisitions, limited and general partnerships, maintain and manage data rooms, and securities offerings.
- Complete or assist on special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Work together with the other members of the legal department to prioritize items and highlight ongoing issues.
This is what you’ll need:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies from an accredited University.
- At least three (3) years of experience in a law firm and/or in-house.
- Candidates must demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy, thoroughness and ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Must have persistence to overcome obstacles and ability to complete work in a timely manner. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with executive team and employees across all levels of the company in a highly professional manner.
- Must be able to respond promptly to internal client requests and deal with inquiries from affiliated entities. Should be able to identify issues and solve practical problems in an independent manner.
- Exceptional attention to detail, excellent communication and writing skills, and ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and be self-motivated to take ownership of assigned tasks with little to no supervision.
- Flexibility to work beyond normal business hours, when necessary.
- Must have highly proficient knowledge of internet software and spreadsheet software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook or similar systems).
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Plymouth, MI
Travel: Around 20-30%
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.