Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Vehicle User Experience Group is seeking a Language Localization Manager for North America and Europe.
As Localization Manager you will be responsible for managing translation, transcreation, quality assurance, and legal approval activities, for software-based copy, as well as defining some locale-specific functional differences such as keyboard layout and address formats for Rivian vehicles sold in North America and Europe. You will help create and refine the localization workflow, set standards for translation and transcreation, help select vendors, and define requirements for software set-up.
The Vehicle Experience Group consists of experts from the automotive, entertainment, internet, and consumer electronics industries.
Who you are:
- You are a pro at translation management systems
- You know how to select and manage translators and reviewers
- An expert at working with Language Service Providers (LSPs) with a proven track record of successfully completed projects
- You are linguistically versatile, fluent in all things technology, practical, and you know how to motivate stakeholders
- You are familiar with the different cultures and languages of Europe
- Organized and have an eye for details
- Work together with internal stakeholders to determine deliverables and delivery dates
- Identify localization agencies and individual translators, and managing their work
- Be the resource for identifying and eliminating cultural taboos and gaffes
- Work with localization vendors, designers, product managers, and engineering to get content localized, QAed, and implemented on schedule
- Identify processes, documentation, and best-practices to implement and drive change to operate localization processes more efficiently
- Create localization, briefs, style guides, and glossaries.
- Collaborate with content designers, human-machine interface architects, UX designers, UI designers, and product managers to define the overall localization strategy for in-vehicle language.
- Validate localized content with Brand, Legal, and other cross-functional teams to ensure localized experiences are ready for production.
- Collaborate with the user research team to test the usability of your localized designs and content, and participate in usability studies on localized vehicle features, review findings, and use recommendations to improve your localized experiences and content.
- Create specific translation guidelines for product regions.
- Coordinate and align with other internal localization teams
- At least 5 years of experience doing localization production or management.
- At least 3 years of experience being the lead or sole localization manager or expert for a product or feature.
- Experience building and maintaining localization style guides or glossaries
- Experience and a passion for championing the position of the end user to deliver best-in-class localized user experience.
- Experience working on localizing nomenclature and product naming is a plus.
- Experience working with User Experience Research to research or test localized products is a plus.
- Experience in the automotive industry is a plus
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.