Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Work with teams of Engineers to develop Diagnostics strategies, communications, validation methods, and tools
- Define network diagnostics requirements for Ethernet and CAN/CANFD protocols
- Collaborate with suppliers and other domain teams within Rivian on end-to-end Diagnostics strategies and requirements.
- Work with gateway team to implement diagnostics requirements for UDS over CAN and DoIP
- Work on vehicle-level diagnostics (Network, ECU, and hardware level)
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- 8+ years of experience designing diagnostics on CAN and DoIP
- Strong coding skills in embedded C/C++ and Low-level assembly language
- Experience with Vector-based diagnostics tools such as CANdella (CDD, ODX, DBC files).
- Low level device drivers such as SPI, I2C, memory drivers, etc.
- Working knowledge of automotive communication protocols (CAN, Ethernet, LIN)
- Hands-on experience in developing hardware and/or software diagnostics tests and logs
- Hands-on experience in handling test automation tools, tests execution and validation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Good team player with great communication skills
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from development validation to a verified product
- Self-motivated individual
- Hands-on approach: Proactively identifies and fills in gaps where needed
- Experience in automotive industry is preferred
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.