Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Research and document conclusions on accounting treatment of significant contracts, non-routine transactions, and new product/service offerings
- Assist the Finance and Corporate Accounting organizations in operationalizing the technical accounting aspects of new/complex transactions
- Maintain the Company’s accounting policy manuals, including identification and documentation of new accounting policies and updates to existing policies
- Training and other implementation support for new accounting policies, including working with and ensuring business operations meet policy expectations
- Act as a liaison for Finance Leadership with the Strategy and Legal organizations on new transactions, enterprise-wide initiatives, new business partnerships, and other ad-hoc items
- Manage the accounting for complex areas, including leases and financial instruments
- Monitor accounting standards developments, and assist with implementation of new accounting standards
- Assist with financial statement and footnote preparation during filing periods
- Assist with external audit process by walking auditors through technical accounting memos and related conclusions
- Ad-hoc projects, as needed
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s/Graduate Degree preferred)
- CPA required
- 5-7+ years of public accounting and / or technical accounting experience
- Ability to research technical accounting issues and interpret the accounting guidance to draw supportable conclusions
- Ability to work with diverse teams including members from different functional areas and geographical locations
- Significant capability, drive, and initiative to take ownership of tasks and work independently
- Strong attention to detail, and oral/written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Adaptable to change, both big and small
- Constant desire to learn and challenge others to find the best solution; not afraid of failure
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
- Department: Accounting
- Location: Plymouth, MI
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.