Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Promote a safe atmosphere by ensuring all safety standards and guidelines are met and lead by example
- Follow up with all necessary safety infractions following provided documentation and training
- Hold self and all team members accountable to accomplish daily tasks as required
- Supervise and support Team Members/Team Leaders by empowering them to continuously improve their processes
- Teach Team Members/Team Leaders to resolve problems through a team-oriented approach
- Assist in the development of standardized work
- Assist in the development of station layouts
- Train, develop, and mentor Team Members/Team Leaders
- Monitor and report on Key Process Indicators such as Safety, Production, Quality, Delivery and Cost
- Monitor and manage budget within Area of responsibility
- Drive resolution to “non-conforming” material in order to keep scrap cost to a minimum
- Maintain employee records regarding: Safety, Training, Job Qualifications, Deficiencies, Schedule, Attendance and Overtime
- Conduct Team Member/Team Leader Performance Evaluations
- Communicate best practices, problem resolution and performance data
- Maintain a high-quality relationship with all departments within the organization
- Support and participate in Launch and model change activities
- May perform other duties as assigned
This is what you’ll need:
- Working knowledge in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook programs
- Leadership skills required
- Understands personal ownership of processes and expectations
- Kaizen / continuous improvement process experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Strong team orientation
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay within budget
- Ability to set tasks and responsibilities
- Quick decision-making abilities
- College Degree preferred
- Automotive experience preferred (plus for past battery experience)
- 3+ years supervisory experience in manufacturing environment
- A combination of education and experience
- Internal Employees must have be employed by Rivian for at least three months to be considered for this position
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing Battery Shop
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.