Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Develop and maintain tools focused on Control Systems, Data Acquisition and Automated Data Analysis for existing and upcoming test systems
- Ensure that the test systems are controlled in a safe and consistent manner
- Ensure that accurate, repeatable, and relevant data is acquired and stored in a reliable, consistent, retrievable and traceable manner
Day in the Life:
- Develop, update, and maintain well documented controls software for Electric Vehicle Test Systems
- Develop Data Acquisition setups for EV components and subsystems testing
- Validate and debug Test System Controls Software before handing it off to Test Operators
- Train Test Operators in the use of the Test Systems Controls Software
- Develop scripts for Automated Data Analysis and Reporting
- Perform test Data Management and Data Management System Maintenance
- Participate in the hardware definition and procurement of Powertrain Test Systems and Equipment.
- Proven ability to develop modular, reusable, scalable, robust, safe, maintainable software code
- A fundamental understanding of electric powertrains and electric powertrain testing
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- A desire to contribute to a respectful, fun, inclusive and inspiring team culture
Must have domain knowledge:
- A thorough knowledge of automotive CAN communication, including the ability to create and maintain .DBC or FIBEX CAN database files
- Demonstrated experience in NI LabVIEW™ programming
- Experience in configuration, development, and maintenance of NI Veristand
- Experience in data analysis and scripting
- BS in engineering, computer science, or related field
- 4 years of laboratory software development experience
- Experience and certification in programming development with MathWorks™ tools (MATLAB, Stateflow, Simulink and Model Builder)
- Experience in configuration, development and maintenance of dynamometer control systems such as AVL PUMA, EMCON™, REPS™, STARS/SPARC™, etc.
- Experience in Vector CANalyzer/CANoe™ scripting in CAPL™
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.