Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop trusted relationships with business leaders at Rivian responsible for global sales and marketing of vehicles, charging and energy products, and other services to analyze the impact of legal, compliance, counter-party and other risks in contractual agreements, terms and conditions, disclosures, process flows, and the customer experience journey.
- Act as the primary legal resource for customer support, sales, marketing, omni channel retail, fraud prevention and mitigation, financial services, insurance, and payment transactions.
- Build out a team of legal professionals to support Rivian’s interactions with consumers globally.
- Work with internal clients in software design and engineering to ensure Rivian's software and third party partnerships comply with relevant legal requirements related to interactions with Rivian's customers.
- Draft, review, negotiate, and interpret a variety of commercial agreements, with a focus on strategic partnerships and third party services required to support aligned business areas.
- Work closely with internal clients and senior members of the legal team on fraud prevention, payments compliance, privacy and data security.
- Manage and support proactive development of legal and regulatory resources to support Rivian's growing commercial footprint, including development of training materials, knowledge repositories, policies, processes, and guidelines.
- Provide accurate and timely advice to internal clients on range of commercial matters arising from various transactions and projects.
- Provide support for litigation, dispute resolution, and other matters as they arise.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- A minimum of 6 to 10 years of legal experience corporate in-house and/or large law firm with at least 5 years supporting digital or physical retail consumer transactions, automotive sales and service, or analogous areas.
- Experience with one or more of vehicle sales or service, customer service call center operations, charging and energy storage, or physical retail, strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership skills and business acumen.
- Excellent written and oral communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and with cross-functional clients.
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Legal & IP
Location: Irvine, CA / Chicago, IL / Plymouth, MI / Normal, IL / Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.