Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Work with Designers & Module DREs to ensure interface, packaging and integration compatibility
- Work with Module Design Engineer to execute optimal Module design
- Release detailed drawing and 3D model to with required GD&T and KCDS designation
- Lead change management in release of cell 3D CAD and Drawing in PLM .
- Facilitate agreement on Interface Documents
- Release attributes for mass in PLM
- Generate and maintain accurate CAD of cell subcomponents
- Support cross functional team to evaluate cell suppliers against the mechanical design targets
- Support Electromechanical design team in design and packaging of Cell into the Battery Module/Pack
- Support DV/PV for cell, module and pack activities and provide input to ADVP&R plan
- Support and track analysis of cell module for structural and thermal performance
- Support Cell Engineering team to define cell requirements for mechanical form factor and mechanical interfaces
- Gather appropriate material properties of cell subcomponents for accurate mechanical structural and thermal analysis
- Support Cell Engineering Team in completing DFMEA
- Support Electromechanical Engineering team in completing DFMEA
- Support Cell Engineering Team meetings, as required, with supplier and key stakeholders
- Support manufacturing AME team in DFM/DFA regarding cell module assembly
- 3+ years industry experience with bachelor’s degree or 1+ years with master’s degree.
- High voltage or electrified vehicle safety training and hands on work experience
- Familiarity with automotive cells and form factors.
- Design experience or familiarity with cell production methods for sub componentry.
- Understanding of battery system architectures, system controls, and circuit analysis.
- Strong fluids and thermodynamics background with working knowledge of energy conversion and heat transfer.
- Experience with automotive powertrain requirements, load cases, cycle life, and standards.
- Experience with release engineering including CAD design, GD&T, and PLM interface.
- Familiarity with cell modeling/analysis and tools – MATLAB, Simulink, 1D, 3D
- Strong oral and written communication for supplier engagement, program timing, and project management.
- Experience with automotive DVP&R cycle, requirements management, and issue tracking – JIRA, JAMA, IQ-RM, Plato
- CATIA V6 (3Dx) and Enovia proficiency
- MS Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project) proficiency
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.